A highly skilled team of KVH nursing staff and therapists work together to provide medical care and rehabilitation to homebound patients. Members of the home health team provide physician prescribed treatments, assessments, and teaching for patients of all ages who may be recovering from a surgery, accident, illness, or for people coping with a disability or chronic illness.
Home health services assist patients in becoming as independent as possible. They also offer information on patient safety and care, counseling, and education to family members or friends who are acting as caregivers.
- On call nursing services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays.
- Medication management by registered nurses.
- Home health aides to assist with personal care and bathing.
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapy.
- Specialized information for dietary, cardiac, diabetic, ostomy, wound management, and other diseases or illnesses.
- Palliative care program for patients receiving chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or who are not ready to receive hospice care.
- Home infusion of various forms of therapy through either the intravenous (IV) or gastrostomy route such as IV antibiotics, pain medication, hydration, or nutritional therapy.