KVH occupational therapists work with people of all ages who, because of physical, developmental, social or emotional problems, need specialized assistance to lead independent and productive lives. Occupational therapy helps people maximize their abilities and provides skills for everyday living.
- Activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, and meal preparation).
- Home safety assessments and recommended adaptations to make the home safer.
- Job site and job task analysis – OSHA compliance.
- Treating cumulative trauma disorders/hand therapy.
- Assistance with the selection and use of adaptive equipment.
- Cognitive training.
- Evaluation and treatment of children to enhance development.
- Lymphedema treatment (MLD)/Cancer fatigue therapy.