Most wounds, minor cuts and scratches heal on their own within 2-4 weeks. But in some patients healing is delayed or stalled due to blood flow problems, infection, underlying conditions, or poor nutrition.
The wound care team at Kittitas Valley Healthcare is made up of providers and nurses who have dedicated their careers to the practice of advanced wound care. They strive to heal each wound as fast as possible so that you can get your life back!
The team treats all types of skin ulcers:
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Trauma and minor burns
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Delayed complications from radiation
- Compromised grafts or flaps
- Ulcers caused by bone infection
- Ulcers caused by other diseases or medications
The Center helps heal wounds faster by treating the underlying cause of the non-healing wound and applying evidence-based, medical and surgical techniques that are outcome focused.
Treatment methods may include:
- Cleaning the wound and converting it to an acute wound so the immune system will help heal it
- Advanced wound dressings that are moist and reduce pain
- Dressings that reduce infection without the need for antibiotics
- Cell and tissue based technologies to close the wound earlier
- Special devices to reduce pressure
- Compression wraps to reduce the fluid in your legs
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
Expert teamwork, coordinated care, advanced technologies and excellent outcomes are all in one convenient location serving patients in Kittitas County.
NOTICE: This is a Hospital-Based Clinic
Patients may incur additional out-of-pocket expenses
This clinic is licensed as part of KVH Hospital. A clinical service at this location may be billed as an outpatient hospital service, separate from the bill for the professional service. Depending on your insurance coverage, this could result in a higher out-of-pocket expense for the service.
Patients should contact their insurance company to determine their coverage for hospital-based clinic facility charges.