The KVH Swing Bed Program is designed for patients to receive skilled care following an acute hospital stay due to surgery, illness, or injury. The program allows for patients to be discharged from their in-patient stay, but remain in the hospital and receive after-care and rehabilitation in comfortable and familiar surroundings.
Every patient’s need and situation is different.
Qualification factors for the Swing Bed Program
- Patients must have had a three-day qualifying stay in an acute care hospital setting within the past 30 days.
- Patients must have a skilled need (nursing, physical, occupational or speech therapy) and be considered rehab-able.
Feel free to contact us to see if you or your loved one qualifies for this program.
Benefits of Swing Bed Care
- Patients have a choice on the setting in which to receive post-acute care
- Physician directed individualized care, teaching and training
- Skilled assessments by registered nurses, social workers, dieticians, physical, speech and occupational therapists
- Nursing assistants provide personal care needs
- Medication management, teaching and supervision
- Weekly Care Conferences
What can family and friends do to help?
We encourage family members and friends to be actively involved in helping patients return to good health. With patient approval, close family or friends are encouraged to be a part of the weekly Care Conferences. During each conference, members of our healthcare team meet with the patient family to evaluate the progress that is being made, and to help plan for a smooth transition home or to other suitable living arrangements.
Involvement of family and friends may include visiting to provide emotional and spiritual help, or it may be more involved, such as assisting with meals, exercise programs or other activities designed to improve mental and physical function. Whatever the level of involvement, we know that strong positive support helps you to get better.