Patients are triaged on arrival to the Emergency Department to determine their condition and the severity of their illness or injury. The triage process assists the emergency staff and physicians to ensure each patient receives timely and appropriate care. Some patients will be immediately taken to the treatment area while others may experience a longer wait based on the assessment of the triage nurse.
All adults must sign a consent form for medical care and treatment. Parental consent or consent from a legal guardian is necessary for all children under the age of 18. In a life-threatening situation, emergent care will be given while efforts are made to contact the parent or guardian.
We will need to know
- Identifying information such as name, phone number, address, etc.
- Primary care provider's name
- List of medications and allergies
- Health insurance information
- Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) form, if applicable
All emergency patients are treated regardless of their ability to pay.