In 2017, The Foundation at KVH has taken on a campaign to improve the pediatric experience throughout the KVH system.
Pediatric patients are some of the most vulnerable patients we serve at Kittitas Valley Healthcare. Whether they arrive through our emergency room, family birthing center, hospital, or clinics, the medical staff and employees of KVH do our best to be sensitive to their unique and special needs.
However, we can do better.
Through the help of donors like you, The Foundation would like to improve and soften the medical experience for young children in every area of the operation. Funds raised during the 2017 campaign will be used to:
- Implement Ouchless ER techniques in our Emergency Department to take the scariness out of medical procedures through a variety of proven strategies and therapeutic play.
- Create kits of clothing and personal items for pediatric patients who come through the Emergency Department due to sexual assault.
- Purchase equipment allowing mothers to move more freely during labor while still ensuring the utmost safety for the unborn.
- Purchase TVs and other electronic devices with children’s programs and movies to be used throughout the facilities.
- Create child friendly areas and activities within each of our clinic and hospital waiting rooms.
Learn about previous Gala beneficiaries.
Want to donate but can't attend the Gala?
You can give now and still make a difference! Your 100% tax-deductible donation will help improve the pediatric experience throughout the KVH system. Thank you for your support.